My name is Evan
I am a 26-year-old from the suburbs of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It’s a nice place.
My story in 10 seconds
I had a normal childhood, got decent grades, went off to college, got offered a full-time job, quickly dropped out of college, started progressing along in my career, met a girl, fell in love, and found myself staring into my entire future with a million ideas of the life I wanted to live. It is both a beautiful and terrifying feeling.
For a more up-to-date look a what I’m focusing on, you can check out my now page.
What I believe about life (my mantra)
1. You are the creator of your own life. Create something meaningful.
2. Life is made up of a series of moments. Embrace them in their time.
3. Be persistent in your actions and unwavering on your vision.
4. Always own up to your failures.
5. Take time to celebrate your successes.
6. Treat everyone you meet as a person – with kindness and respect.
7. Love deeply with every ounce of your soul.
Things I like
1. I love movies. Here’s what I’ve been watching lately.
2. I love books. Here’s what I’ve been reading lately.
3. I love to travel. I travel for perspective and to appreciate people and places.
4. I love to climb mountains. Currently climbing all the 50 State High Points (40/50!)
5. I love hiking. Walking in nature cleanses my soul. Here’s where I’ve hiked recently.
6. I love setting goals. My Bucket List is proof of that.
7. I love marketing and advertising. Luckily it is my day job.
8. I love maps. Digital or real. I love them all.
9. I love philosophy. My current area of interest is Historical Materialism.
10. I love random trivia. I have so many random facts I don’t know what to do with.
11. I love Taylor Swift. It’s not real love, but if I could meet anyone, it would be her.
12. I also love the following things: Old Spice commercials, Cherry Starburst, free samples at Costco, the Far Side comic strip, Rainbow Restaurant, my Amazon Prime membership, 99 cent Arnold Palmer Iced Tea, Bell’s Oberon, List videos on YouTube.
13. The following people consistently make work I admire:
14. The following are quotes I think about often:
“All of humanity’s problems stem from man’s inability to sit quietly in a room alone.” – Blaise Pascal
“Your personal experiences make up maybe 0.00000001% of what’s happened in the world but maybe 80% of how you think the world works… We’re all biased to our own personal history.” – Morgan Housel
“Never make fun of someone who mispronounces a word. It means they learned it by reading.” – Unknown
“The fears we don’t face become our limits.” – Unknown
Talk to me
You can hit me with an email at evan @ evannickel.com.